If you want to get a bright future by taking an international degree from a reputed American university, it is essential to know the appropriate application process. Most universities in the US follow the same type of admission procedures. However, the application process may vary according to your study level and the programs you prefer for the course.
Before applying to your preferred university in the US, you must know the proper time to complete the application process to the US universities. The deadlines for applying to the universities are also to be considered. The students also must consider the ideal time for taking admissions in the intake of the universities. There are two intake seasons fir getting admission to US universities. These seasons are Fall and Spring.
The universities in the US follow a bi-semester system, and the academic year is divided into two semesters. You can choose any intake season to get admitted to an American university. The universities consider the minimum percentage of marks in the last exam and vary according to your admission level and program.
Indian students, while admitted to any US university, must pass an English language test. The minimum academic record must be at least 65% and above for the humanities stream in class XII. On the other hand, the minimum academic record must be 70 - 80% and above for Science/Commerce stream in class XII. if your academic score is below 60%, you can apply for Foundations and Diploma programs. Your age must be above 18 years to join a degree program.
Besides the academic score, you must also provide several documents to apply for higher education from any university in the US.
Documents required to apply to the USA University
- Proof of academic score in class X, XII, and the Bachelor's degree with attested copies (if applicable)
- Reference letter
- Letter of recommendation from your former recruiters if you have a previous work experience
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Essays (If demanded by the university)
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Scores on English language tests (GMAT, IELTS, TOEFL, GRE. Etc.)
- Portfolio for students applying for art and design courses and architecture courses
- Certificates or scholarships at the state and national level or valid proof of extracurricular activities, if any
- Income proof ensures the ability to come up with the expenses while staying and studying in the US.
You must follow some steps to choose the best institution for completing your higher education in America
- Search for colleges, institutions, or universities
- Get detailed information from the website about them and their offered courses to choose your preferred course.
- Choose your preferred course and college or university for study.
- Take part in the entrance exams, including IELTS, SAT, ACT, GRE, GMAT, etc.
- Prepare your Statement of Purpose and Letter of recommendation
- Apply to your preferred colleges
- Prepare for the telephonic or video interviews
- If the university selects you, apply for your student VISA