USA Visitor Visa Consultant in Ahmedabad
ALL ABOUT USA VISITOR VISA
Are you visiting your friends or relatives in the US? Or are you going to the US for business or medical purposes? Before you plan your visit to the US, we at Arise Consultancy Service would like to inform you about the Visitor visa for The US.
Here in this article, we will let you know about the types of Visas required to visit America. Depending on the purpose of your visit, you are issued a Visa.
Types of Visas
Any Indian travelling to the US needs to apply for a non-immigrant visa which allows one to stay in the US temporarily. Depending on the purpose of the visit there are two types of visas, which are as under: -
- B1 Visa (For Indians travelling for business purposes) - Indians holding a B1 visa can visit America to attend a conference, meet foreign delegates, settle a business contract or any other business purpose.
- B2 Visa (For Indians travelling for tourism/ medical purposes) - Any Indian holding a valid B2 visa is allowed to temporarily visit America to visit family and friends, go for a leisure trip, participate in a contest, witness any event or pursue a short recreational course.
It’s noteworthy that, Indians can enter the USA for both business and tourism purpose at the same time, provided one holds a valid B1/B2 visa.
Requirements for a US visitor visa
Under the provision of the Immigration and Nationality Act it’s mandatory to qualify for the USA visitor visa. In order to get a US visitor visa from India one needs to fulfill the following tasks:-
- Fill the DS-160 visa application online. We shall help you fill the form and apply for the non-immigrant visa for the US. Make sure you convey correct information in the form as it is assessed by the Consular officer and on the basis of which you would be called for an interview. The DS-160 visa form is also applicable for K visas(Fiancé visas).
- Collect the documents
- Take a printout of your filled-in DS-160 form.
- Now, pay the US visitor visa application fee. The amount varies depending on the type of visa. You can make the payment by bank transfer or pay in cash at any designated bank anywhere in India. This is a non-refundable fee. Once you have made the payment, you can proceed to the next step.
- Schedule an interview for a US visa. Make sure to schedule an interview within a year of Visa payment.
Documents required to apply for a US visitor visa
While filling out the DS-160 Visa application form you need to have the following documents:-
- Your current valid passport
- Your passport-size photographs clicked following certain instructions ( Given later in this article).
- Complete information of your travel arrangements or the complete travel itinerary.
- Travel history of the US in the last five years (if any).
- International travel history in the last five years (if any).
- Previous work history as well as the current one.
- Your educational history.
However, one needs to furnish additional information depending on the nature of your visit.
- If travelling for medical purposes, you need to present a letter from the local doctor recommending treatment in the US as well as a letter from the doctor in the USA who will treat the disease. In addition to this, the treatment duration and cost also need to be mentioned in the letter.
- If travelling for pursuing a short-term recreational course, then you also need to fill out the Students and Exchange Visitor Visa. Moreover, you need to provide the name and full address of the educational institute where you plan to study.
Instructions for the photograph
- The photograph should have been clicked within six months of applying for the visa.
- It’s mandatory to get a coloured photograph.
- The background should be either off-white or plain white.
- The photograph should be clicked in such a manner that your head should cover 50 to 69 % of the total image height ( from top to the chin)
- Until it is for religious purposes, your head should remain uncovered.
- No eyeglasses to be worn while getting the photograph clicked.
- The photograph should be an original one. Scanned photos and full-length photos are not accepted.
Some noteworthy tips to apply for a US visitor visa
- Make sure you have a stable and uninterrupted internet connection.
- On the top right corner of your application form is an application form number. Take a note of it, so that you can have an access to your application form later.
- To be filled in English alphabet only.
- Keep a printout and some copies of your DS-160 application barcode page which appears after completing the application form. You need to present this form during the interview in India.
For more information, you can visit us. We are one of the best Visa Consultants in Ahmedabad. We are one of the best consultants for Visitor Visa for Canada or any other place in the US.